NAT woes

I'm having some problems with nat and 2.4 and was hoping someone could
help me work it out.

I use the ipmasq package, because I'm not really so interested in fiddling
with rulesets manually. I just want it to work. I have one ethernet card,
with an aliased interface, eth0:0

Right now, I'm using ipchains emulation, because netfilter isn't working
for me. When I tried that, I had all the appropriate things in the kernel
turned on. I don't think it likes alias interfaces, because it whines
about them (something didn't want to parse the : in eth0:0 i think)

any suggestions?