Re: IPTables questions

On Sat, 6 Oct 2001, Julio Merino wrote:

> Do iptables support active FTP's and DCC send/chat protocols? (ipchains
> supported these very well).

That's affirmative on both of them.
Make sure your kernel has

CONFIG_IP_NF_FTP
IP_CONNTRACK_IRC
IP_CONNTRACK_FTP

enabled. (If I remember correctly)

> Do iptables allow me to redirect incoming connections to the computer to
> another computer directly? So, beeing able to setup a FTP server on an
> internal computer.

I seem to remember to have read that you could do it, but I haven't tried
it myself yet. I am just starting to get into this wonderful world of
iptables. I bought the book by Ziegler and from what I've read up to now I
can recommend it to you. It has a hands-on approach I like a lot and these
are the type of questions he tries to answer in a practical way.

HTH

Grx HdV

--
Support bacteria -
they're the only culture some people have.

J.A. de Vries aka HdV
Delft University of Technology
Computing Centre

Email: J.A.deVries@DTO.TUDelft.NL