Re: gs vs. gs-aladdin

On Fri, Oct 05, 2001 at 04:14:33PM -0700, Bill Wohler wrote:
| dman <dsh8290@rit.edu> writes:
| > On Thu, Oct 04, 2001 at 06:54:10PM -0700, Bill Wohler wrote:
| > |   Which one will do double-sided printing on my HP OfficeJet G85xi?
| >
| > This printer doesn't do double-sided printing regardless of what
| > software you have.
|
|   Actually, it does. You do have to buy a small attachment though.

Oh, ok.  Hmm, actually the printer here at work is a G95, not 85.  It
doesn't have duplexing though.

Well, then, it still isn't ghostscript's job to handle that, I think.
I think it would be responsibility of 1) the PPD file describing the
printer's capability and 2) the options to 'lp' telling it you want
duplexing.  This should be true, at least if you use CUPS.

-D