Re: How can I use dselect from behind a firewall?

Quoth Bristow Paul-BPB007,
> I'm in a similar situation to this but my proxy requires a password to
> get through it.  Is there anyway I can do this?

Set the following environment variables:

http_proxy="http://user:pass@proxy:8080";
ftp_proxy="http://user:pass@proxy:8080";

Where `user' and `pass' are your username and password for the proxy, of
course.

cheers,

damon

--
Damon Muller :: Department of Criminology :: University of Melbourne

For in that sleep of death what dreams may come
When we have shuffled off this mortal coil,
  -- Hamlet