Re: Tulip driver unresolved symbols (UPDATE)

Well in response to Does mine work the answer is No.
I have tried for a few days to get this going and
finally figured out that I did not have a eth0 device
it was a sit0.  I tried and read everything that I
could and could not figure out a way to get the eth0.
I tried to compile the driver like the instructions
told me, but came up with the error that I did not
have a modverdion.h. I copied tulp.o and pci-scan.o to
the appropiate folder though. Then I did a apt-cache
search for pcmcia and found out that I did not have
the right kernel and was missing the pcmcia packages.
I installed those and still nothing.  At this point I
was really frustrated and figured I'd go about this
from a different perspective.  I installed a Distro
(Mandrake 8.0) that I knew that the tulip driver
worked in and was going to try and load Debian, but
leave the pcmcia stuff.. I'm not sure if I can really
do that, still investigating. (I saw something to this
effect in the last couple of days on the list)  I ran
across a site today that I think has the answer to How
do I get a eth0.  I think that if I do a ifconfig eth0
192.168.1.1 that might do the trick, This is a pure
guess though.
  Have I given up on installing Debian on this Laptop,
No, The install went great its the Accton EN2242 nic
card thats giving me the problems, but I will get it.
  Any pointers from this rambling?
Thanks
Don