pptpd questions

Hello all,

  I'm about to setup a PPTP vpn using the pptpd linux daemon from woody and win2k clients.  The win2k clients are behind NAT'd firewalls so IPSEC is out of the question with Freeswan...otherwise, I would definately use Freeswan.

Here are my questions:
1)  Will PPTP work with the clients behind NAT'd firewalls (like a cable modem running NAT)?
2)  Does the basic package found in woody WITHOUT any patches support any kind of encryption mechanism?
3)  If NO on 2, where can I find good docs on how to add the MPPE to kernel 2.4.9 and any other patches I need.
4)  Do I need to patch the ppp daemon in woody for this to work?
5)  Is the concept the same as that for a regular dialup connection using ppp?

Thanks for help...

   ---Dean Roman.