Re: Sharing Printers w/ Win2K machine and Samb

* Joe Barnett (jbarnett@Stanford.EDU) spake thusly:
> Anyone know about these special versions of win2k-enabled sambas?  I'm
> just using the latest out of SID.

Samba 2.2.1a works fine with w2k. I can't help you with that error
message, but TFM has enough info to set it up (I'd suggest buying
_Samba_Unleashed_, though). Have a look at
http://us1.samba.org/samba/docs/Samba-HOWTO-Collection.html#PRINTING.

The only thing I had to do that's not in the above URL was to create
a share for each printer, in addition to print$.

Dima
--
"Mirrors and copulation are abominable because they increase the number of
entities."                                        -- corollary to Occam's Razor