Re: SPAM WARNING: spammers use Debian lists for harvesting

On Wed, 03 Oct 2001 16:10:06 BST, Alex Hunsley writes:
>Robert Waldner wrote:
>> If you believe in using fake addresses, why not use something like
>>  lard@uk.ed.ac.tardis? This doesn't (and probably won't) exist, so you
>>  have the benefit of a faked address but don't simply shove the load
>>  unto someone else.
>
>Believe me, I've tried that, but my mail server won't let me post unless
>I use a hostname that actually exists!
>
>Now I'm using a real address for an account I don't often read.

For all that want to use it: use addresses of the form
 username@this.is.a.trap.graffl.net, it's my domain, feel free to use
 that entry.

this hostname exists, but points to

this.is.a.trap.graffl.net       TXT     "this is just a spamtrap"
this.is.a.trap.graffl.net       A       127.255.255.255

And I'll /happily/ bear the DNS-queries for that.

cheers,
&rw
--
-- Writing everything for the dumbest user will
-- be insulting and irritating to everybody else.