Re: SSH port forwarding

On Wed, Oct 03, 2001 at 01:38:21AM -0700, Vineet Kumar wrote:
<<SNIP>>
> > I connect like this (from the firewalled machine):
> >
> > ssh -g -C -R 3001:firewalled_machine:22 user@outside_machine
> >
> > I can now connect to 3001 on the outside machine, but the connection doesn't
> > do anything and is quickly closed.  I've tried ports besides 22 with the same
> > results, but with ssh I get this familiar message:
> >
> > $ ssh -C -p 3001 firewall_user@outside_machine
> > ssh_exchange_identification: Connection closed by remote host

> The first thing to try is to change firewalled_machine to localhost or
> another name that resolves to a local address that would be allowed by a
> firewall that blocks all but loopback traffic to sshd.
<<SNIP>>

That did it, I just changed firewalled_machine to localhost and bingo...
now I can get at my stuff from anywhere as I hoped.  I should have tried
localhost before emailing the list, but you know hindsight 20/20.  Thanks!
--
Andrew W. <failure@failsure.net> -- http://failsure.net/
http://home.cwru.edu/~agw4/ -- Debian GNU/Linux