Re: mutt doesn't know about procmail actions

On Wed, Oct 03, 2001 at 11:10:49AM +0100, Rory Campbell-Lange wrote:
> I've got a procmail rc file redirecting my mail either to one or other
> mailbox or otherwise to my /Mail/mbox mailbox.
>
> Mutt by default views the contents of my mail spool
> (/var/spool/mail/myname) rather than my mbox.
>
> Should I repoint mutt to my mbox, by default? How should I do this?
> Also, how can mutt know that there is unread mail in other folders?
>
> Thanks for any help.
> Rory

Put the following into .muttrc:

set mail_check=5
set folder=~/Mail
mailboxes ! +mbox

$ man muttrc

[...]
       mailboxes filename [ filename ... ]
              This  command  specifies  folders which can receive
              mail and which will be checked  for  new  messages.
              When  changing  folders,  pressing space will cycle
              through folders with new mail.
[...]
       mail_check
              Type: number
              Default: 5

              This  variable  configures  how  often (in seconds)
              mutt should look for new mail.
[...]
       folder
              Type: path
              Default: "~/Mail"

              Specifies  the  default location of your mailboxes.
              A `+' or `=' at the beginning of a pathname will be
              expanded  to the value of this variable.  Note that
              if you change this variable from the default  value
              you  need  to  make sure that the assignment occurs
              before you use `+' or `=' for any  other  variables
              since  expansion  takes place during the `set' com­
              mand.

--

GPG Keyid 0x0FCD0EE2
GPG Fingerprint C2FF 6147 0ADB 1674 4096  2339 370F CBDF 0FCD 0EE2

fortune - print a random, hopefully interesting, adage:

The algorithm for finding the longest path in a graph is NP-complete.
For you systems people, that means it's *real slow*.
		-- Bart Miller