Re: exim: how to change the "Envelope-to"-field?

On Tue, Oct 02, 2001 at 10:34:35PM +0200, a.maresch@aon.at wrote:
>Hi (again)!
>
>I am just playing (or "optimizing) with my debian-box.
>And I found out that exim (I think exim is the default mail deliverer in debian, isn't it?) fills the "Envelope-to"-field with "andreas@localhost" (wich is quite unuseful for someone who wants to answer my mails).
>
>What can I do to deliver a usefull e-mail-adress?

One of the first entries in exim.conf is:
qualify_domain = enterprise-hr.co

But actually running eximconfig is usually the best way to do this.  If
you want to change the default options, the FAQ on www.exim.org is
great.

Shameless plug: there's an exim howto on
http://hints.linuxfromscratch.org that I wrote which covers rolling your
own setup and securing it from source code.  If you want to play with
exim, its worth a read.

Patrick