Re: Biig problem with mount: cannot execute commands from a partition

On Tue, Oct 02, 2001 at 09:54:26PM +0200, Andreas wrote:
> /dev/hdb2 /mnt ext2 rw,noexec,nosuid,nodev,sync,noatime 0 0
                         ^^^^^^

> I have mounted /dev/hdb2 with the following command:
> mount /dev/hdb2 -t ext2 -o defaults,exec,user,noatime,sync /mnt/
                                      ^^^^^^^^^

'user' implies nodev, noexec, and nosuid, and overrides all options
before it. 'exec,user' is always wrong, and should be 'user,exec'.

(I don't know if your /usr is symlinked into your /mnt partition, but
since you mentioned that partition specially I figured I'd mention it.)