Re: network

On Tue, Oct 02, 2001 at 06:38:27PM +0000, Hans Steinraht wrote:
| Another thing, I'm trying to do make meuconfig and make xconfig in
| the dir /usr/src/linux, as root and as normal user, but both my
| Mandrake an Debian machine it says:
|     make: *** No rule to make target `menuconfig'.  Stop.
|
| Do I mis something?

Yes -- try doing 'ls' and you will surely see that there is no
Makefile in /usr/src/linux.  If there is a Makefile, then it certainly
isn't the correct one.  The Debian kernel-source packages give a
bzipped tarball in /usr/src called kernel-source-<version>.tar.bz2.
You need to extract that via 'tar -jxvf <file>'.  That will create the
directory tree as /usr/src/kernel-source-<version>.  Go to that
directory and try 'make menuconfig'.  On this machine it is
/usr/src/kernel-source-2.4.8.

HTH,
-D