Re: Installing Gnome on Potato

Thus spake elawson:
> Is there a reasonably short and concise description or
> documentation of some form which is specific to Debian
> on how to setup Gnome running on sawfish?
>
> Simply installing packages does not seem to do it.
>
> I have been running Wmaker and while gnome apps run Ok, I
> have been thinking a "regular" Gnome desktop might be better.
> Maybe I should rethink that assumption, but I am accustomed to
> the "regular" Gnome desktop from other distros.
>
> TIA
>
> Ed Lawson

If you have all the packages installed, and you're running X normally,
all you should have to do is change your~/.xsession file to have the
single line:
gnome-session
then startx normally.  If sawfish doesn't initially come up as your
window manager, you can change that in the Gnome control panel.
Good luck,
Steve

--
	To A Quick Young Fox
Why jog exquisite bulk, fond crazy vamp,