AWE64 and isapnp in kernel

    Hi there,

I have some troubles using the linux 2.4 isapnp support with an awe64.
I use the kernel-image-2.4.9-586 from http://people.debian.org/~bunk/debian
When I look at the kernel messages, I can see that the isapnp correctly
detects the card, but when I load the sb module the card is not found.

These are the relevant par of /var/log/messages:
isapnp: Scanning for PnP cards...
isapnp: Calling quirk for 01:00
isapnp: SB audio device quirk - increasing port range
isapnp: Calling quirk for 01:02
isapnp: AWE32 quirk - adding two ports
isapnp: Card 'Creative SB AWE64 PnP'
isapnp: 1 Plug & Play card detected total

Soundblaster audio driver Copyright (C) by Hannu Savolainen 1993-1996
sb: No ISAPnP cards found, trying standard ones...
sb: dsp reset failed.
gameport0: NS558 PnP at 0x200 size 8 speed 579 kHz
ISAPnP reports AWE64 WaveTable at i/o 0x620
<SoundBlaster EMU8000 (RAM512k)>
input0: Analog 2-axis 8-button gamepad at gameport0.0 [PIT timer, 1190 kHz
clock , 2521 ns res]

The kernel configuration options seem to be correct:
CONFIG_PNP=m
CONFIG_ISAPNP=m
# CONFIG_PNPBIOS is not set

CONFIG_SOUND=m
CONFIG_SOUND_SB=m
CONFIG_SOUND_AWE32_SYNTH=m

Any ideas ? (kernel bug, incorrect config...)
thanks,
  /Jerome

PS: I know I could use isapnptools or echo "blah" > /proc/isapnp but I don't
want to do that. The feature is supposed to work, it will ;-)