Re: slow sound

On Sun, 2001-09-30 at 09:48, Knut Ivar Skattebo wrote:
> Sound is playing at half speed on my Compaq Presario 9520 with ES1788 onboard.
> I have searched the net for a solution, but couldn't find anything.

I had a laptop with a es1888 that did the same thing, half speed sound.
Forcing the driver to use one of the other ESS chip types fixed the
speed issues.  I searched on google for a while to find it.  It's
obscure and a dirty hack but it just may work for you.  Try forcing the
1688.  Let me know if you need me to go dig out the old machine and
check exactly what I did.

--mike