RE: Multihead

On Mon, 2001-10-01 at 10:16, Steve Calderoni wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Just sat down to give this a try. The xf86config on my system looks nothing
> like the xf86config examples that I have looked up. Is there any more
> guidance / advise you can give on this subject?

Following the Howto will tell you to do several things to an already
hopefully working XF86Config-4 file.  Add:

Section "ServerFlags"
        Option          "Xinerama" "true"
EndSection

so you don't need to edit the wrapper script.

Add your appropriate device sections for each graphic card with a unique
name for each.  Use your existing one as an example for the others.

Add your appropriate monitor sections for each monitor with a unique
name for each.  Use your existing one as an example for the others.

Add your appropriate screen sections composed of your appropriate
monitor and device with again, a unique name for each.  Use your
existing one as an example for the others.

Modify your serverlayout to something like this:
	Identifier      "ThreeHead"
        Screen          "MiddleScreen"
        Screen          "RightScreen" RightOf "MiddleScreen"
        Screen          "LeftScreen" LeftOf "MiddleScreen"

The Howto will describe other neat options if you need them.  Good luck.

--mike