router stopped forwarding packets

Hello,

	I have a debian unstable machine here (specifics below)
functioning as a router. At least, it _was_. This morning, each segment
can ping the router, and the router can ping each segment, but neither
segment can ping through the router.

Specifics:
	- Debian unstable - kernel 2.4.9-586 (prepackaged)
	- D-Link DECchip 21041 [Tulip Pass 3] running under de4x5
	  module
	- D-Link DFE-530TX running under via-rhine module
	- /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward = 1
	- /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_ecn = 0
	- no firewalling modules loaded (machine will route
	  everything)

	As I mentioned, this machine has worked well up until now.
When I have set up routers in the past, this was all it took to get
them routing packets. If I have missed something, or if you would like
more information, please let me know.

--
Mike Alborn <malborn@odoitau.dyn.dhs.org>
# pgp keyid: C36DC30D

Talk is cheap because supply always exceeds demand.