Re: debian Xwindows -- query

On Mon, Oct 01, 2001 at 12:48:55PM +0800, louie miranda wrote:
> Hi, i try to install the xfree86*.deb files and some other libraries, and i
> choose fvwm for my desktop. And i installed xterm and netscape only..
> this was in "dselect", now after the dselect installed/configured the
> packages..
> i started running XF86Setup to setup some other things..
> then after that
> i run startx on the console, it started successfully, but on my desktop only
> xterm is there..
> i mean a blank desktop and only xterm is running, its weird..
> btw, on my first installation i did choose the export option, because i
> wanted to choose the packages which i really want on my machines :)

Create an .xsession file in your home directory and run fvwm from there.

There are good instructions on creating an .xinitrc file at
use them for creating your ~/.xsession file.

"The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the
   same level of thinking we were at when we created them."
                                     --Albert Einstein