Re: sendmail virtusers question

On Sat, 29 Sep 2001, Robert Waldner wrote:

> I have a domain where some specific addresses (someone@domain.tld)
>  should be accepted and then be forwarded to another address
>  (someone@otherdomain.tld).
>
> So I thought that the perfect job for the virtusertable, did some
>  entries of the form
> someone@domain.tld:			someone@otherdomain.tld
>  rebuilt the database, but no, that doesn't work.

Remove the colon, just need tab/space delimiter

> "Local configuration error. MX list points back to me". The only MX is
>  for the box in question, of course. Ok, put domain.tld in
>  local-host-names. No, doesn't work, either:
>
> Sep 29 13:14:15 ka sendmail[905]: NAA00903: to=<someone@domain.tld>,
>  delay=00:00:15, xdelay=00:00:00, mailer=cyrus, stat=User unknown
>
> The virtusertable doesn't seem to get read when the domain is
>  local-host-names...

True...

> Now, before I start doing something really ugly involving local users
>  and .forwards, any hints for me? I'm usually quite able to help myself
>  wrt sendmail but there must be some knot in my brain here.

try this in sendmail.mc
VIRTUSER_DOMAIN_FILE(`MAIL_SETTINGS_DIR`'virtual-domains %[^\#]')dnl

add domain.tld to /etc/mail/virtual-domains

restart sendmail (this is Class file, only read at startup)

--
Rick Nelson
How should I know if it works?  That's what beta testers are for.  I