sendmail virtusers question

Hi!

Following situation:

I have a domain where some specific addresses (someone@domain.tld)
 should be accepted and then be forwarded to another address
 (someone@otherdomain.tld).

So I thought that the perfect job for the virtusertable, did some
 entries of the form
someone@domain.tld:			someone@otherdomain.tld
 rebuilt the database, but no, that doesn't work.

"Local configuration error. MX list points back to me". The only MX is
 for the box in question, of course. Ok, put domain.tld in
 local-host-names. No, doesn't work, either:

Sep 29 13:14:15 ka sendmail[905]: NAA00903: to=<someone@domain.tld>,
 delay=00:00:15, xdelay=00:00:00, mailer=cyrus, stat=User unknown

The virtusertable doesn't seem to get read when the domain is
 local-host-names...

Now, before I start doing something really ugly involving local users
 and .forwards, any hints for me? I'm usually quite able to help myself
 wrt sendmail but there must be some knot in my brain here.

cheers+tia,
&rw
--
-- Contrary to popular belief, Unix *is* user-friendly.
-- It´s just not ignorant- and idiot-friendly.