Re: list etiquette

Robert Waldner wrote:

> On Sat, 29 Sep 2001 13:02:16 BST, Alex Hunsley writes:
> >Who runs the debian list? I emailed the list owner address a little while ago
> >and haven't received a response. What I said in this email was: I think that i
> >is an omission not to say in the confirm list subscription email message that
> >all messages will be forwarded to usenet. I had no idea about this, so several
> >messages with my un-munged address are on usenet, and I'm getting barrels of
> >spam now. Surely it would be polite for the subscription process to mention
> >that your messages end up on usenet?
>
> The list->news - gateways aren't being run by debian, they're being set
>  up by other people and thus the listmaster(s) have no influence over
>  them.

Ok. Surely it's still possible for the list admin to mention that emails will
go to usenet though?

> But OTOH, I post here since ~ 2 years, with an unmangled address, and
>  haven't seen any increase in spam.

Yeah, I suppose a debian usenet group isn't the most likely place to trawl for
email address. I'm not sure I the trawlers target certian groups or go for all
groups, hmm....

alex

--
Now playing: The Beatles - Hey Jude