Re: vim 6.0 packages

On Sat, 29 Sep 2001, Craig Sanders wrote:

> On Fri, Sep 28, 2001 at 03:29:39PM +0200, Wichert Akkerman wrote:
> > Not needed, I'll settle for Essential: yes :)
>
> good idea :)

I don't think so.

First, we have two vi's in a base system (elvis-tiny and nvi). I'd say one
is more than enough. Second, vim is larger than elvis-tiny and nvi
together (at least according to apt; I yesterday did "apt-get --purge nvi
elvis-tiny vim+" on this (m68k) box and got a nice message tht "After
installation, 58k will be used")

Not that I do not prefer vim to elvis-tiny or nvi, but that's a different
matter :-)

--
wouter dot verhelst at advalvas in Belgium

This is Linux world. On a quiet day, you can hear Windows reboot.