Re: Xawtv - again (was: Xawtv and Xfree86 4.0)

Pedro António Neves <paneves@ualg.pt> writes:

> Hi there:
>
> I posted a message on this list about xawtv and Xfree 4.0.
> Following some solutions given by people on this list, I've managed
> to get xawtv working just fine... except for one thing: the sound.
>
> When I try to change volume (with the A key) it changes the volume from Muted
> to 0%. It seems that the sound channel is working, but with the volume set to
> 0.

Excuse me if I'm being silly here - but have you tried increasing the
volume with the '+' key? Without a default volume in .xawtvrc, it
appears to default to 0% volume. (This *may* be a recent change. I'm
using zapping myself, but I used to use xawtv, and I'm sure that at
one point it would default to 100%.)

--
Keith Willoughby
This isn't TV, he isn't William Shatner