Re: No Gnome panel

 Subject: Re: No Gnome panel

 On Tuesday Sep 25 00:02 Rodin Fadul wrote:

 > ** /dev/dsp: Permission denied.

 /dev/dsp is an audio device. I mean running the gnome-panel without
 Gnome is possible. But it is a part of Gnome. And Gnome needs audio
 support. Maybe you should install the base packages of Gnome. Package
 gnome-session and its depended packages.

 > ** **WARNING**: Root window clicks will not work as no GNOME-compliant window
 > ** manager could be found.

 Looks like you have no window manager installed, whiwch is good for
 working with Gnome. I reccomend sawfisch.

 > ** /dev/dsp: No such device

 This looks like you have no sound hardware configured. Doesn't matter.
 Gnome can work without sound. You can disable Gnome sound with the
 gnome-controlcenter.

 Timo

 --
 Nothing is impossible!