Re: Woody install over ppp: How?

on Tue, Sep 25, 2001 at 02:20:28PM -0700, Lars Jensen (jensen@scs.unr.edu) wrote:

> How do I install woody over a ppp connection?
>
> Here's what I've done so far:
> First I downloaded the images and created the three installation
> floppies,
>
> rescue.bin, root.bin, drivers.bin.
>
> The installation goes fine until the installer asks where to find the
> base system. I'm not sure what to do at this point? I have looked around
> on the debian ftp site, and I don't see any base.tgz or anything like
> that. Which files are the installer looking for? Where do I find them?

You want to look at the installation instructions.  I'm assuming x86
hardware:

    http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/i386/install

Specifically, chapter 5, "Methods for Installing Debian"

    http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/i386/ch-install-methods.en.html

Base system images are listed under section 5.4.4.

Peace.

   Free Dmitry! Boycott Adobe! Repeal the DMCA!  http://www.freesklyarov.org