Re: Follow-up Question: Serving web pages for local use only

At 1001519773s since epoch (09/26/01 10:56:13 -0400 UTC), Steve Dondley wrote:

> Background:
> I installed apache on my Linux box.  I am able to retrieve web pages with IE
> using my Windows machine.  Everything is cool there.
>
> Problem:
> But when using NN, it pulls up the page, but only pulls up the raw HTML
> code.

what is the file suffix of the pages you're viewing?  apache will only add
the correct MIME header (text/html) if the file ends in ".htm" ".html" or
perhaps ".shtml".

If your files are named ".txt" (or have no suffix at all), then they won't
be served properly.

Jason

--
Jason Healy    |     jhealy@logn.net