Mail Server

I have a client running Debian 2.1 which they are using for their Mail and Internet Server. I need to implement a monitoring and tracking solution on this server and would like to ask if there is a recommended package / solution for this on Debian Linux. If not please advise on a good package / solution to monitor and track a Mail / Internet server that runs on Debian 2.1.
Thank you in advance for your assistance in this matter.
Wyatt Rowe
P.O. Box 863
Hyper by the Sea
Tel: +27 (0)83-4122010