RE: nfs mounting problems

> > I posted this on comp.linux.os.networking and didn't get any
> >

> > I want to backup my laptop (thinkpad-wireless) to the tape drive in my
> > server (bear).
>
> Not sure why your nfs isn't working but I'd suggest trying dump and
> rdump over ssh for network backups.  I've been using it quite
> succesfully on several networks I run.

I would love to use dump. But my understanding is that dump doesn't work on
vfat file systems and I would like to backup my dos E drive, which is smbfs
mounted to also be backed up to my server.

----
Robert S. Koss, Ph.D.   | Training and Mentoring
Senior Consultant       | Object Oriented Design
Object Mentor, Inc.     | C++, Java
www.objectmentor.com    | Extreme Programming