Re: text in menu bars has turned to hash marked boxes

Charles Baker wrote:
I saw that too. I had similar problems with fonts. It
turned out that since I didn't initial do an
dist-upgrade to woody, and probably since I was
running X and apt-get from a virtual tty, that some
parts of Xfree86 3.x were installed along with the 4.x
fonts. The 3.x Xserver was in some instances confused
by the 4.x fonts. I got rid of 3.x and have all 4.x
and now the fonts are displaying nicely.

His recommendation *solved* my problem!!

Thanks a ton,

Joe Golden
The Stevens School of Peacham
thestevensschoolofpeacham.com