Re: apt-get, dselect and LAN authentication

On Mon, Sep 24, 2001 at 09:54:20AM +0000, Vittorio wrote:
> At office I have a Win NT Lan with a proxy requiring authentication
> (username and password).
>
> I've read the doc of apt-get and dselect but I couldn't find anything
> about these settings.
>
> Is there any way to use apt-get and dselect with this kind of
> connection?

Is this an HTTP proxy or similar? apt.conf(5) says:

       http   HTTP URIs; http::Proxy is the default http proxy to
              use.   It   is   in   the    standard    form    of
              http://[[user][:pass]@]host[:port]/. Per host prox­
              ies  can  also  be  specified  by  using  the  form
              http::Proxy::<host> with the special keyword DIRECT
              meaning to use no proxies. The http_proxy  environ­
              ment variable will override all settings.

Cheers,