Re: Linux kernel bug report?

On Mon, Sep 24, 2001 at 12:44:23AM +0200, neonatus@neonatus.net wrote:

> I have just discovered that APM in kernel 2.4.10 does not work (/proc/apm file
> does not get created and consequentially apm progs do not work).
> Can someone else confirm this?

I was able to get apm to work (aside from some incompatabilities with
my hardware) under 2.4.10. I compiled it as modules, ISTR compiling it
directly into the kernel under 2.4.9 didn't work well.

Also, if you have ACPI support compiled into your kernel it will
inhibit APM from loading and you will not see /proc/apm.

HTH

dave t.

--
Dave Thayer           | If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about
Denver, Colorado USA  | cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all