Re: Font problem with some X progs

>From the latest Debian X FAQ:

A long-standing bug in many X clients and the widget libraries they use was
recently brought to light by the addition of fonts encoded in ISO 10646-1
("Unicode" in common parlance) to the X Window System.  The details are highly
technical.

The short answer: It's a bug in the application, or the widget toolkit (e.g.,
GTK+) that it uses.  The authors and maintainers of all commonly-used widget
libraries are aware of the problem and a fix will likely appear in the future
(or may already be available by the time you read this).

It is not -- repeat *NOT* -- a bug in the X server, the X libraries, the X
fonts, or anything having to do with the XFree86 packages.

----

My suggestion is for you to try re-setting the default font in the GNOME
theme selector, so that it uses the full, correct font name (with
iso8859 at the end). For applications which don't use GTK+ but are still
exhibiting this problem, try using a full font name, or make sure all
your libraries & programs are up to date.

--
   ___   ___
  / _ | / _ \   Ari Pollak - ari@aripollak.com - www.aripollak.com