Re: Window Manager

On Sun, Sep 23, 2001 at 11:46:58AM -0700, Sidney Brooks wrote:

> I got myself in trouble by playing around with the window manager. I
> changed from icewm to enlightenment.  Now, I find that enlightenment
> is not as good and I want to go back to icewm. In older versions of
> Debian, all you had to do was edit /etc/X11/window-managers.  With
> potato, I do not have this file and have not been able to find an
> alternate file. How do I get back to icewm?

Hmm.  How did you switch in the first place?  Can't you simply undo that
to switch back?

If you want to switch the default window manager system-wide, run
'update-alternatives --config x-window-manager' as root.

Or, create a script ~/.xsession (remember to chmod +x it) that calls the
window manager of your choice.  This will override the system default
and allow each user to specify their own xsession.

noah