Re: Newer Mozilla for Potato(2.2)

On 21 Sep 2001, Eric Richardson wrote:

> Hi,
> I was wondering if there is Mozilla package somewhere that is newer than
> the Debian M18 that is in the standard mirror locations. I want to try
> multizilla which would like 0.92 or 0.94.

I compiled mozilla 0.92 and 0.93 from deb sources (I'm currently using
0.93) on Potato. This works Ok, though I prefer konqueror; mozilla is too
slow. The current version in unstable, 0.94, has dependencies that prevent
it being easily compiled for potato. I originally got my deb sources by
using (in sources.list)

deb-src http://pandora.debian.org/~kitame/mozilla ./

but these appear to have been removed, unfortunately. There might be
archives of these elsewhere, though, if you search.

Email me if you think I can be of help. If you want, I can try to
reconsistute a mozilla deb package from my installed binaries for you.
There appears to be a utility to do this (forget what it is called), but I
have never tried to do this, and don't know how well it would work. In
this case, of course, you'd have to tell me what packages you wanted. I
don't have mozilla mail/news installed, for example.

                                Sincerely, Faheem Mitha.