Re: xvidtune & XFree

Hello again,

On Sat, Sep 22, 2001 at 09:08:14PM -0400, Wayne Topa wrote:
> Harvey Kelly(kellyh@clara.co.uk) is reported to have said:
> > Hello everyone,
> >
> > I'm trying to configure X - but the problem is that I can get everything fine, except the screen is way off to the left.  I use xvidtune to alter it so it's perfect, but how do I save my changes?  Can I?
> >
> > I've trying editing XF86Config-4 with the info from xvidtune, but when I startx I get told that the line is wrong (messages depend on whatever rubbish I've told it to try).
> >

> OK, you run xvidtune, from an xtermas/rxvt, and you get the display
> like you want it.  Then click the 'show' button and the settings will
> be printed to the xterm screen.  Do that for all of the different
> resoltions.  Write them down!  Then transfer them to your xf86config-4
> file.

Sorry, what I mean is: I've got the values from xvidtune - where do I
insert them in my XF86Config-4?  The relevant (I think) part is...

	Subsection "Display"
		Depth		24
		Modes		"800x600" "640x480" "1024x768"
		ViewPort	0 0
	EndSubsection

I inserted my values after "800x600" - but that didn't work.

> Piece of cake.
>
> BTW, format your mail to 70-72 characters per line, please.

Sure, sorry I forgot - fresh installation.

Thanks

Harvey