Re: SSL packages (LDAP PAM NSS) +

Hia,

I usually build my own .debs :) For a very fine guide to all things ssl,
ekrberos and ldap, have a look here:
http://www.bayour.com. Mr. Turbo has done a great job making it easyer to rock
with debian.

I was just looking for a simple way to let my debs be the domain of apt-get :).
If I am to use debian on more than one machine, I cannot use all my time
rebuilding debs.

> I used the slapd, libpam-ldap, and libnss-ldap (plus dependencies) packages
> from Woody to do so. I also used the PADL migration tools (maybe someone
> should package these and put them as recommended for the two libXXX-ldap
> packages).

Agree. :)

> I don't intend to do either for now. If you find an easier way (a
> prepackaged .deb way, preferably) please let me know.
This was my original question =)

> doing #1, but the sheer number of options to openldap combined with my
> minimal knowledge of changing Debian package configuration prior to the
> simple build, stopped me until I had more time on my hands.
>
> On the other hand, I would be very interested to know if you or anyone has
> a PAM/NSS/LDAP installation on Debian using slave LDAP servers as hot
> backups. I haven't seen any documented way of doing this anywhere, such as
> providing a list of servers which can be attempted.

Have a look at the above link for roundrobin dns querys and the like.

> On the other hand, I do not yet see a way to do this with NSS. I would
> welcome pointers.

I belive you can do it in the ldap.conf file.