Installing potato from remote CDs

After days of trying, reading manuals, surfing the internet I ask now my questions on this place:

I am going to install Linux on two computers, call them BIG and SMALL computer. Only the BIG one has a CD-ROM. Installing Linux on the BIG one - there is no question.

For the SMALL one I made the boot floppies and the driver floppies. That works.

Problems:

I want to telnet the SMALL. It does not allow access. In hosts.allow I placed "ALL". in hosts the IP of the BIG is also mentioned. I tried everything, but SMALL wants to remain as a single.

Then I want to use the CD-ROM from the BIG for installing the system. I can mount the cdrom of the BIG. NFS connection is possible. But installing programs in SMALL do not recognize the whole cd-set of BIG. Just that CD which is presently mounted.

Also, once I accessed the BIG cdrom via nfs from SMALL, BIG does no more allow to unmount the cdrom. Even when SMALL is down.  I get the message that the CD is busy.

I use:

 Debian GNU/Linux 2.2 r0 "Potato" - Unofficial i386 Binary- CDs from Lehmanns

Wolfgang