Re: configing network stuff

once upon a time Alex Hunsley <lard@tardis.ed.ac.uk> said:

> What's the command under debian to config or check network stuff?
> (e.g. set IP,
> DHCP server etc.) ifconfig seems to report some things, is anything
> else? Under

ifconfig can be used to configure devices:

eg:
ifconfig eth0 192.168.1.1 netmask 255.255.255.0 up

> redhat I used linuxconf, but that doesn't seem to exist under
> debian...

linuxconf is there under debian:
###
root@debian:~> apt-cache search linuxconf
linuxconf - a powerful Linux administration kit
linuxconf-dev - Development files for Linuxconf
linuxconf-i18n - international language files for Linuxconf
linuxconf-x - X11 GUI for Linuxconf
root@debian:~>
###

Thanks,