Re: Hercules Fortissimo II and sound mixers (using the headphonesplug)

On Sat, 2001-09-22 at 13:40, calyth wrote:
> Michael Heldebrant wrote:
>

> > What input are your speakers attached to and what input is your
> > headphone attached to?  It should be a simple job of creating a shell
> > script to mute one output and turn on another.  Then you could just run
> > a cron job so it switches at night without you having to remember to run
> > it.  Aumix should be able to do the job nicely.

> The speakers are on front and rear plugs, while the headphones are on
> the phone plug. I've tried aumix, but didn't quite know what to do.
> Some advice could help =)

I'd read the man page for aumix.  It's a simple matter of either running
the program interactively or running it from the command line with the
appropriate arguments such as aumix.  Because some of the mixer channels
are not mapped to an argument you can also save and load your settings
using the .aumixrc file which is autogenerated by a save command which
could be saved as .aumixrc-night and .aumixrc-day with appropriate
settings and aumix loaded with:

aumix -f .aumixrc-night

or whatever.  I learned all this from the manual page and I'm sure you'd
learn some too from reading it.

-mike