more network problems

Hello everybody

earlier today Ihave posted a message about problems configuring network
card.
Basically the situation is that the computer does not see the network

however, if someone pings my computer I see number of receive errors
increase as reported by ifconfig
If I try to ping other computer, I see number of transmit error increase

I also see that number of interrupts serviced increases as some pings me
or I ping someone (from /proc/interrupts)

It seems to me that the card itself is working (and it works underwin)
but Iwant and need linux!!!

Could someone tell me what is going on? and how to fix it ?

Lazar

PS I have fresh install of 2.2.19-compact distribution with cabletron
network card.