Re: IMAP server?

Stephen Gran wrote:

> I keep having silently dropped emails to some servers and I can't quite
> figure out why.  My ISP (Comcast - god bless 'em for the speed, but tech
> support, well, never mind) has been less than helpful about getting it
> resolved.  As I never get a bounce, and the logs say all sent mail sends
> normally, but several of my friends still complain I never write, I
> though I would try my hand at setting something up to deliver the mail
> directly, rather than going through my ISP.  Right now I use
> exim/fetchmail from Woody.  Any suggestions?  Comments?  Rude noises?

If all you're concerned about is outgoing mail, then you have everything
you need already. Just reconfigure exim (using eximconfig) to be an
"internet site" instead of uploading all your mail to your ISP's SMTP
server. Then exim will directly deliver outgoing mail to the
destination. I have exim set up this way, and it works fine.

Craig