INIT:Entering runlevel:2 failed

hello,
I run potato 2.2r2 and have upgraded partially
with woody.
All ran fine, but after my system crashed, linux
boot correctly until:
 ttyS00 .....
 ttyS01 ....

after a while

/dev/ttyS00 ..
/dev/ttyS01 ..
Cleaning /tmp /var/lock /var/run

after a while

INIT: Entering runlevel:2
after a while
starting internet superserver:inet/etc/rc2.d/S20inetd:
xmalloc: cannot allocate 428 bytes
unable to load interpreter /lib/ld-linux.so.2

Finaly i can work as root but not as user.

when I do shutdown i get :
Deconfiguring network interfaces:done
Desactiving swap...VM:do_try_to_free_pages failed for kswapd
VM:do_try_to_free_pages failed for swapoff
swapoff: /dev/hda2: cannot allocate memory
is it possible that i repair my system ?

TIA

Gerard.

PS.  thanks for the replies about "pon"