Re: ReiserFS revisited

on Thu, Sep 20, 2001 at 11:40:55AM +1000, Andrew Pollock (andrew@andrew.net.au) wrote:
> Hey,
>
> I'm soon to redo my home ADSL gateway/firewall/muckaround box and
> wanted to toy with ReiserFS.

Highly recommended.  I'm running 2.2.19.

> What's the status of ReiserFS Debian bootdisks? Where's the latest
> greatest unofficial ones obtainable from?

Don't know.  I did the reiserfs shuffle, worked OK for me.  Do it
*before* you have a ton of data to slosh around.

> There's some dated stuff on Debian Planet saying that it's still a bit
> dodgey, but I don't think that's the case any more is it?

That largely applied to 2.4.x support.  For the past three months (or
more) it's been solid, longer even on 2.2.19.

Peace.

   Free Dmitry! Boycott Adobe! Repeal the DMCA!  http://www.freesklyarov.org