Re: offtopic: which text language to use?

    > If you want to design printed output, use a wordprocessor.

For designing and producing high quality output, printed or
otherwise, I suggest using a typographic design system, such as
LaTeX, that makes it easy to logically design the document.  Word
processors can be used to do visual design, but they are not IMO
nearly as useful for logical design, which is what I think the
original message in this thread was asking about.  As Lamport
said in the original LaTeX docs, the primary function of design
is to make documents easier to read, not prettier.  Visual design
lends itself well to creating pretty documents that are hard to
read.

Mike