Re: Mutt question

On Thu, Sep 20, 2001 at 07:37:45AM -0400, Michael Ward Cole wrote:
> I have a problem sending email to one domain.  My email is sent
> through home.com and every time that I send mail to another person
> with the same domain name I get a message undeliverable message saying
> that it can't find the local-part of the domain.  Now, does this mean
> that it is looking locally for the host/user and not sending the email
> to the server?  If so, where do I go to make the necessary changes?

Assuming you're using exim (the default MTA), look at your
/etc/exim/exim.conf file.  Look for a "local_domains =" line--if
home.com is there, take it out.

I had a similar problem, and that's what I had to do to fix it.

--
Thomas J. Hamman
"To the shame of mankind, it is well known that the laws which govern our