Can't compile VIM

I'm using potato with all recent upgrades and security fixes. I'm trying
to compile vim 6.0av and I receive the following error message when I
run make:
objects/os_unix.o: In function `mch_set_shellsize':
objects/os_unix.o(.text+0x1b4c): undefined reference to
`term_set_winsize'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [vim] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/dlm/vim60av/src'
make: *** [myself] Error 2

Anyone have any ideas what might cause this? Or how to tweak it so it
installs? I have compiled this before on woody without problems.

thanks
dale