Re: ALSA and debian testing with kernel 2.4.6

* Gael PEGLIASCO (gael.pegliasco@e-concepts.fr) spake thusly:
> Hello,
>
> I've tried to compile ALSA source package on a debian testing and 2.4.6
> kernel. It's seems that's the modules are not installed under
> /lib/modules/2.4.6/kernel/drivers/sound, but under
> /lib/modules/2.4.6/misc, as if it was for a 2.2 kernel. Is it normal ?

Strange. Alsa 0.9b4 installs to /lib/modules/2.4.9 here. I'm sure
alsa 0.5 did, too. Which isn't really relevant as alsa is broken
anyway. I had 0.5 working with 2.4.6 for a while (& getting it to
work was a PITA), but upgrade to 0.9 broke it (again).

Dima
--
One distinguishing characteristic of BOFHen is attention deficit disorder.
Put me in front of something boring and I can find a near-infinite number