P3 patch for woody

Hello all,

I am interested in using the kernel-patch-2.2.19-p3 with my SMP P3 boxes.

However, I would like to get some opinions on it's stability and reliability.

I ask this especially in light of the patch's duplication of stuff which is already in the 2.2.19 kernel. When applied, the CPU selection menu has several duplicate entries, and to me this sort of thing sets of red flags (if it can't patch the configure script correctly, what is it doing to my low level code???).

Finally, I'd like to ask if anyone has noticed any tangible benefit from this patch.

Thanks,

Doug