Re: Problems with communicator v4.77

Eric Whitestone wrote:

I've installed communicator 4.77. When I try to run netscape, it gives me this error:
$ /usr/bin/X11/netscape: /usr/lib/netscape/netscape: No such file or directory
When i go to usr/local/netscape and run in, it gives me this error:

./netscape: error in loading shared libraries: libstdc++-libc6.1-1.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Right now I am running potato and using Mozilla. I really don't like mozilla 'cause it's buggy. If anyone can help me with this, thanks!

this is not an RTFM.

Your problem is quite common, I had it back in the day and it was discussed on this list less than a month ago. I can't remember the soln, but I would advise a search thru the archives of this list or linux-newbie@vger.rutgers.edu.

BTW Mozilla is NOT buggy, its whimsical

--
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards,
For they are subtle and quick to anger